This is a place-holder for the eventual Dallas-Fort Worth viols site.
For now use the following links and 1990s-style html coding!
HERE is a global list of everything I've done, with an experimental new sorting. This will probably be the final main page.
New parts of site:
Newly Typeset music
Complete printable partbooks (some just for viol [c clefs, not octave treble], some for recorder or viol)
Major things left to upload: lots more madrigals; a lot of motets; a large number of things that don't fit into one of the above categories. I take requests, if someone wants particular things transcribed. Here is my list of facsimiles or scans I have: Facsimiles
Plans for the site:
- Storage of all the metadata in Mongo or Postgres json (haven't decided. I know Mongo better, but like what I've seen of Postgres's new nosql). I've got scripts that generate a lot of the data from the lilypond sources
- Modify lilypond to generate extra metadata based on the ambitus, so full ranges can be known (should be helpful for searching for particular instrument/voice combinations)
- Write a RESTful api to interface to the data (Begun, long way to finish. Using python currently)
- Allow user to generate arbitrary transpositions and clefs (farming jobs off with docker. This is an opportunity to more about Docker!)
- Put everything together in a nice front end (ugh, I don't do web frontends. I might contract this part out when everything is done. One requirement: NO php)